Thursday, January 5, 2012

What's in my (work) Bag?

     So I LOVE "what's in my bag" features whether it be a blogpost or a magazine article (US Marie Claire usually has them on the very last page of the mag n i lurrrrrve 'em) so here's my everyday work bag minus the face powder/blush or lip colour that I'd chuck in depending on my look that day. These are the permanent items. 
     Firstly (clockwise from top left) is reading material. I'm currently still reading SuperFreakonomics because since I've been off work for Christmas and the new year, I haven't gotten much reading done! I usually read on the train and/or tube. Next is the actual bag.
I got this for around £20 from TK Maxx after the £12 touristy backpack from Camden broke during the Britney Spears gig in October (oops). The round mirror is just a standard normal and x2 close up mirror from Sephora. The sample scent is the tester from my October Glossybox, Fracas by Robert Piguet. I adore this and wish they'd sent bigger bottles of it! I didn't care as much for the other two fragrance samples in that box.
     After that is the MAC tinted lip conditioner SPF 15 in Petting Pink. I was quite disappointed with this product because while it's a very wearable shade, it's too sticky and not that conditioning at all. It actually leaves my lips quite dry. The tube of roll-on perfume is the Mark Jacobs signature scent which I think is so classic and fresh! My lovely other half always says I smell of summertime when I have this on. After that is a small blue butterfly clip from Boots and a purple pen. Then comes the Neutrogena SPF 25 hand cream which you may have seen in my Boots mini-haul post! It doesn't smell fab or anything but it has SPF and it's paraben free so I'm happy.
     I've also got some lemon Nurofen Meltlets as a just-incase for days when I'm feeling under the weather. Lastly is the Dermalogica makeup bag which came in the October Glossybox and I use it for my on the go makeup!
     Starting from the top there's the Bourjois Liner Feutre in 11 Noir which is a great felt -tip liquid liner. You can imagine how useful this is. I've had it for over a year and it still hasn't dried out yet! After that is the Chanel Eclat Lumiere in 30 Beige Rose. I bought this because I was after the Lift Lumiere Beige Rose concealer which they didn't have, but when the saleslady showed me this I didn't want to leave empty handed. It definitely is a highlighter more than a concealer. 
     After that is the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Ransom. I got this a year ago with my NYC palette and it DRIED OUT a couple of months ago :( I think it's still in there because I haven't got the guts to throw it away. Would it work if I run it under hot water?
     Then from left to right, there's Benefit lip colour in Skinny Dip which if you don't have GO AND BUY IT. It's the suits-all slick on moisturising lip colour of the century I kid you not. Staple staple staple. The tiny tube of lash glue is for just-incase moments as well. I don't wear false lashes on a daily basis but you never know! Lastly is the MAC Supreme Style lip colour in Sheen Supreme which I picked up in October. It's a gorgeous moisturising nude lip colour which goes with so many looks! I think it was limited edition though. They really must make this shade permanent.. Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment