Thursday, December 22, 2011

Products I Won't Repurchase

     People tend to call these posts 'products I regret buying', but I feel like 'regret' is such a harsh word. So I prefer to simply say that I most certainly will not be repurchasing these products (and here's why)! 
     Firstly, the John Friedas. These are the Straight Fixation light weight creme and the Daily Miracle Treatment detangler and heat protectant. The straightening balm is either non-effective when I use too little or effective but greasy, goopy and thick when I use more.
As for the Daily Miracle Treatment, it contains parabens and I only read the label AFTER I bought them (silly me). It works alright, nothing special really, but I don't see why I would repurchase it since it's a leave in product with parabens. I think I bought these on a 2 for £6 offer from Boots a couple of months ago, or some similar offer. Anyway, won't fall for it again!
     Next there's the MAC Cleanse Off Oil. Now I'm sure that a lot of you would disagree with me on this but here's why I didn't like it as much as I thought I would: it seeps into my eyes and gives me blurry vision every time I take off my eye makeup with it. I find that really uncomfortable and would much rather use my Bioderma Crealine solution for eye makeup. Therefore the price does not justify buying this just for my face makeup.
     Benefit's Erase Paste is something I bought months ago when I didn't have a concealer on hand and it worked well at the time. Once I was reunited with my makeup bag though, it paled in comparison to my other concealers. I find it a bit too peachy (it's shade 2) and is more of a corrector than an actual concealer for me. I should probably use it as a corrector under concealer then... *lightbulb*!
     Lastly is Clinique's 7 Day Scrub Cream. I bought this after seeing it in Allure magazine's Annual Beauty Winners year after year. I was out of a facial scrub a few months ago and thought why not, let's see what the fuss about this is. I found it not cleansing enough and it leaves a residue on my skin. It does not help my skin in any way which is such a shame. The best scrub I ever used was by Shiseido and I can't wait to repurchase that once I've saved up enough for it!!
     

0 comments:

Post a Comment