Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Haul!

   
  I was wandering around town yesterday and ended up in Boots: haul time!!!



     I went in there initially for a facial scrub as the Clinique one I had was awful, and since I was feeling down in the dumps, bought a few goodies cuz we all know a little retail therapy can help. 

     First there's the scrub itself: Burt's Bees Deep Pore Scrub with peach and Willowbark. It was £10.99 for 110ml, and the cheapest paraben and sulfate-free on offer. I am using the Burt's Bees shower gel and shampoo and am quite happy with those so I thought I'd give this a go. I used it in the shower earlier and it's definitely a moisturising scrub. It left my skin very supple and with almost a little bit of residue. I don't mind though as I trust Burt's Bees so I'll see how I get on with this as the days go by, it might end up in a favourites post! It's non-abrasive, smells alright and does a good job at exfoliating. I'm actually quite grateful that it leaves my skin moisturised as its so bloody cold right now! Ha


     Next is the Boots Botanics Waffle Body Butter mitt/cloth. I had been eyeing this, along with other mitts and body brushes, and decided to finally go for it since it was £1.29. Why not ey? I picked one that was hardly abrasive at all so that I'd feel comfortable using it daily or every other day in the shower. I bought it mostly for my stretch marks as I've heard regular blood circulation around stretch mark would reduce them, so here goes. For the price, I love it. I'll definitely be using this regularly. 


     After that is the makeup! I spent ages eyeing up products and swatching them, but my limited funding ended up steered my towards the more affordable brands. I had tried the Collection 2000 curling mascara back in 2009 and LOVED it. I was sad to see it was no longer stocked so I decided to go for the Super Size in Black at £2.99. I used this today, and given the price, I'd say its quite good! A big plus for me was that it left my lashes soft and not plasticky or hard as Rimmel mascaras tend to do, which I HATE. I feel like I can layer this on and get a good full lash. 

     I also picked up some £2.99 lashes!! Soooo excited about these as they look like dupes for the MAC #7 lashes which are the lashes to have! I've never worn the MAC ones so I'm super excited to give these a go! I'll probably have to snip off the ends... 


     Last, but not least, is the VO5 Ultimate Hold spray which was £1.79. My only hairspray was a sample of the Charles Worthington one and it wasn't good at all. I found myself reaching for it a few times the last few weeks so I decided to splurge on a better quality one =)
I've never been one for voluminous hair or teasing or anything as I have naturally thick tresses, but hey, you never know ;) Xx


2 comments:

  1. The scrub is something I might be tempted to try.
    I love the packaging for the Mascara, I hope its a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it's actually really good! I'll be doing a mascara post soon! x

      Delete