Monday, May 14, 2012

My stash of daily lip products!


This is my stash of nude and pink fuss-free everyday lip products to slap on during work. After all it's a full 11 hours of the day (including commute) so it's good to have options!

I've already posted about two of them: MAC 's Offshoot and Cosmo, you can read that HERE.


As for the rest, I'll start with my absolute favourite, Revlon colorburst lip butter in Peach Parfait! This has become my number one weekday lip product! I bought it in early April and I'm almost running out a month later, yep I've used it that much (that's as far as it would go up without showing the white plastic bit!). I had to stop myself from finishing it so that I can take pictures for this post ^^ Here's why I love it so much:

It's moisturising packed full of mango butter, shea butter and coconut butter,
It's such a sheer, light peach, shimmery shade which means I can slick it on while I'm walking or at my desk without a mirror!
It's a unique lipstick/lip balm hybrid, 
and most importantly, it's paraben free!!

It's so wearable and flattering for many skin tones.
I haven't tried any other lip butters so let me know your favourites (and why u love them!) in the comments below!


Next is the sample of DuWop's Venom Gloss in Buttercup. This was all the rage when I started high school and using it again brings back memories. I've never owned one myself and actually got this in a Glossybox. I'm not really a lip gloss girl but I do reach for it now and then, why not ey? As DuWops are known to be it's quite stingy on the lips and extremely sticky.


I also have MAC's tinted lip conditioner in Petting Pink (top right corner). I bought this a year ago and had such high hopes for it but it's honestly not worth the money. It's too sticky and not moisturising enough for my liking. Despite the SPF 15, I can't wait to use this up and back-to-MAC it!


Next is my Benefit Silky-FInish lipstick in Skinny Dip! I talked about this back in January and I'll link that post HERE. I LOVE love LOVE this and like Peach Parfait, I've been avoiding using it because I'm so close to using it up (and it's expensive!). That's literally all I have left of it, there's no white plastic bit at the bottom of these! It's another perfect slick on and go kinda lippie! My cousin, who is a few shades darker than I am, got me hooked on this and now I swear by it too! It's a lot glossier and a little less moisturising than the Revlon lip butters though.


Last but not least is Collection 2000's Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Cream in Angel Delight 4. I got this in a She Said Beauty box and was very disappointed with the colour when I first saw it. I couldn't find an ingredients list so I'm not sure if it's paraben free or not.
They definitely got it right by calling it lip 'cream'. It's a satiny moisturising but mattifying product, similar to a lip stain. I don't like that as it makes my lips look dry. The colour worked alright with my skin tone although it's definitely more on the browny nude side. Nothing special in my book. 

Top to bottom: Peach Parfait, Angel Delight 4, Skinny Dip, Buttercup, and Petting Pink

In different lighting:
Top to bottom: Peach Parfait, Angel Delight, Skinny Dip, Buttercup, and Petting Pink


That sums up my stash of daily lip pies! Hope you enjoyed Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment