Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Faves #3

Fave Video

     This week's fave vid will have to be Whitney Houston's Star Spangled Banner from the Super Bowl back in the '80s. Wowza that brought tears to my eyes <3 So amazing.


 
Fave Quote

     Since I haven't done a Sundays faves in two weeks, I chose two quotes because I couldn't pick between 'em:

     "The truly free man is the one who can turn down an invitation to dinner without giving an excuse." -Jules Renard



 "Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the instruments of the wise." -Samuel Lover



     Jules Renard's quote made me laugh when I first read it, but only when I read it the second time did I realise how actually true it was. We are always trying to please others, sometimes to the point of self-exhaustion and paranoia. 

     As for the Samuel Lover quote, what can I say. Seize the day, carpe diem, in all that it entails. 


Fave Foods


 I didn't really have a favourite song this week, so I'm putting up some of my favourite foods recently!

This first pic is clearly not a food, but definitely an adorable 'lil guy!






 Next is one of my favourite dishes of all time. Chicken and penne pasta in a creamy tomato sauce. 


 This was my Friday lunch treat! Coffee frap + whipped cream and caramel with a chicken and herbs mayo sandwich. I wasn't pleased with the sandwich, but it was cheaper than a panini :/ *shrugs*



 This is tonight's dinner in the making! Chicken with garlic and herbs, and a sour cream parmesan cheese and black pepper sauce in the back. 


 Cheesy garlic bread. This was NOT worth the £5 they charged me for it. I know, never again! They were so disappointing.


 Lastly, a cocolate croissant and free coffee! Whoop whoop!


Fave Beauty Item

 This week's have beauty item would have to be MAC's Twilight Falls mineralize eyeshadow from the Naturally collection which I hauled last month, check out the haul here. I've been lining my eyes with it for work this past week and it gives such a gorgeous taupey but not too intense look! Black can be so harsh at 7 am! 



Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment