Saturday, March 23, 2013

Snowy, Glittery, Fluffy NOTD


Today, March 23rd, England woke up to a Winter Wonderland. IT'S ALMOST EASTER GOSH DARNIT!!!!! I guess we'll have to wait a little longer to bust out our floral dresses people...



Nonetheless, I decided that I wouldn't let this awful weather situation hinder my desire for a girly, glittery, happy look today - cue this NOTD look!







Barry M's Diamond Glitter 350


I love this nail polish SO MUCH, especially because I threw it into my Boots basket just 2 seconds after spotting it on the Barry M stall. I thought: for under £5, you can't go wrong can you? I'm so glad I went for that impulse buy as it's such a gorgeous light glitter that is - wait for it - actually relatively easy to remove! 



Model's Own Utopia


I hauled this back in the fall and it still stands as a gorgeous pastel lilac shade that is chic, sophisticated and girly. It's a good dupe for MAC's Limited Edition Little Girl Type polish ;) I usually get a good 4+ days of wear from Model's Own polishes.




No.7's Practically Perfect


I hauled this back in February of 2012 !LINK! and as you can see it has been well loved. That's mostly to do with the fact that I need three generous coats for the colour to show up at all! It's perfect for that dainty, classic look - very fairy princess with the Barry M glitter methinks!



My trusty Sally Hansen Insta-dri topcoat is a S.T.A.P.L.E. I am curious about Seche Vite's top coat which has been oh-so-raved about on the blogosphere, but I think I'll stick to Insta-Dri for the forseeable future.


Essie's Nourish Me base coat is serving me well. My index and middle fingers' nails are not in great shape at all, but I don't know if that's to do with the base coat or something else? I cannot seem to grow them much past the actual natural end of the nail! Help!


Keeping in lieu of my insatiable love for Diptyque, here's my candle of the month: the limited edition Mimosa candle for Selfridges. It smells a bit soap-y but very fresh and subtly floral for sure. I lurrrrve it so <3 <3 <3 !


Last but not least, here is my latest musical obsession: Taylor Swift's 22. I must have honestly heard it at least 10 times since I came home last night - it's just so catchy!!!!!


"You look like bad news! I gotta have uuuu! I gotta have uuuUUUuuu!!!!!" 
You'll thank me when you are drunkenly dancing to this and know all the words! ^^


Xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this combination! Very snowflake esk with a twist of easter thrown in does that make sense? Lol xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's EXACTLY the mood I was in/look I was trying to achieve ;) xx

      Delete