Thursday, August 23, 2012

NOTD - Fishtail Braid Manicure (inspired by MissJenFabulous!)


I've been watching MissJenFabulous' lovely nail tutorials for ages now, and this week I finally worked up the courage to give one a go!



I chose the Fishtail Braid manicure because it seemed to be the most straight-forward one that doesn't need any nail art tools. 



I used Topshop's Nice N' Neutral as a base colour although you can hardly even see it. I also used MAC's Myth (I hauled them back in May and you can see the post HERE), MAC's Little Girl Type, which came out with the Quite Cute collection last spring and Chanel Peridot from Fall 2011. 


If you are like me and like to know what people's two cents on different nail polishes are, here's mine:


Chanel Peridot: This is way too overpriced considering it chips more easily than MAC polishes and the brush strokes almost always leave marks on my nails.

MAC Little Girl Type: This polish got gloopy REALLY fast. Thankfully I have a backup so I can chuck it out probably after it's next use. It almost put me off MAC polishes forever!

MAC Myth: This polish is a dream! Lovely opacity, great colour and above average wear!

Topshop Nice 'N Neutral: I found both Topshop polishes I own to chip quite quickly (slightly quicker than the Chanel one does). I'll probably stay away from Topshop polishes in future.




This is a super fun and interesting manicure that even my other half said was 'cool' and *gasp* 'interesting'! Who woulda thunk it?? 

I've linked the video below so you can see how she does it and give it a go yourself! I did mine while watching last week's episode of Project Runway so it takes about 30-40 minutes max.

Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment