Thursday, August 9, 2012

August Empties 2012

Here are some products that I've either finished or they've gone off (:/ boo!) and it's time to say goodbye:


Crazy Color Violette hair dye
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream
Nars Orgasm Illuminator
Neutrogena SPF 25 Anti-Aging Hand Cream 
Nivea Firming Body Oil
Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Water
Maybelline One By One mascara
Uniq One Hair Treatment
Clinique High Impact mascara
No.7 Exquisite Curl mascara
Collection 2000 clear brow gel
Benefit It Stick concealer


I've already talked about some of these products in a blogpost or two so I'll link the most relevant article to them below.



Collection 2000 clear brow gel ----> standard staple in my collection £1.99
Neutrogena SPF 25 Anti-Aging Hand Cream  ----> standard staple in my handbag £3.99


As for the products I haven't talked about before, well, here goes:

Uniq One Hair Treatment

This product came in either the May or June Glossybox and it didn't do much for me. It didn't do anymore than say John Frieda's Frizz Ease or MorroccanOil would. Meh.

Benefit It Stick concealer

Woweee I should've thrown this out AGES ago! I think the guilt of it being unused ate at me even though I got it as a freebie with Glamour! When did I get it you ask? My shameful reply is: June 2010. :O

This concealer does not glide on smoothly which is not very nice around the eye area.The shade is way too light and chalky and there's the hassle of sharpening it as well. I don't rate this product at all. 



Crazy Color Violette hair dye

I've had pink/purple through the back of my hair for about 18 months now and, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I've actually gotten sick of it. I also think I'm going to do something I stayed far away from: Ombré. We shall see how that goes. For now, I am getting rid  of this empty bottle and probably not purchasing a new one. 

In terms of the product itself, it shows up very bright on bleached/light hair. It loses it's brightness after a single wash, two if you're lucky. There's a lot of maintenance and upkeep with brightcrazycolored hair!

Nars Orgasm Illuminator

Last, but not least, is my Nars Orgasm Illuminator. I was quite surprised that this was more on the bronzy/peach side rather than the pinky/peach side of the colour spectrum. It's a lovely glow-y liquid that doesn't quite dry off completely. It gives a sort of 'wet look' to my cheeks when I apply it with my fingertips, especially compared to a powder or cream highlighters. I also used to mix a little with my foundation to give my face a luminescent glow. I'm definitely more of a matte kind of girl now with just some highlighter on the cheekbones and brow bones only! I doubt I'd purchase this again simply because there are much cheaper alternatives out there that do the job.

I remember how I felt when I bought this from the Nars counter in Liberty in September 2010. It's that old. I've pretty much kept it for double it's shelf life! It smells a bit funky now too, definitely time to say goodbye. I wish I used it up more when I got it instead of 'saving it for special occasions!'. I don't live by that anymore, you just end up with expired, unused products!

Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment