Sunday, February 9, 2014

Face Empties February 2014



Out of all these products, I would only repurchase three - here's my two cents:

La Roche-Posay Physiological Eye Makeup Remover

I purchased this to act as an every-day affordable eye makeup remover and it really, really disappointed. It's meant to be for sensitive eyes and is paraben-free. This was really drying on my eyes, something I'm sure no one wants! I forced myself to get through it just because I paid full price but honestly, do not waste your money on this.


L'Oreal Skin Perfection Serum

I had run out of my serum and was strapped for cash, so I decided to go for the new L'Oreal Skin Perfection Serum after Nicole Guerriero RAVED about it on YouTube. She said it faded her hyper pigmentation so I was hoping it would do the same for me. While it slightly did help with the appearance of the skin (which is what it claims to do on the box), I did not feel like it did anything on a deeper level. I want a serum to truly sink in and make my skin feel plump, moisturised, replenished and through that gradually improve the appearance of my skin for the long haul and not just as a quick surface-level fix. 


Urban Veda Radiance Day Cream

This was a sample in one of my Glossyboxes and I took it on holiday with me to act as a daily moisturiser (over SPF of course)! I was excited about the fact that this brand does not test on animals and uses paraben, GM and SLS free ingredients. This cream had a scent reminiscent of the '00s for me and worked great the first few days. Unfortunately my skin took a turn for the worse on that holiday and to this day I'm not sure if it has to do with this cream or the fact that I didn't take a scrub with me so my skin was not deep cleaned for two weeks… I still would like to see what else this brand has to offer.


Harmony Moisturising Smoothie Serum

This tiny sample was also from a Glossybox and didn't impress me much at all. It was a very 'meh' product.


Caudalie Make-Up Remover Cleansing Water

Caudalie is one  of my all-time favourite brands. All-natural ingredients and effective products, what's not to love?! I've already repurchased a new one and don't think I can be without it to be honest. I use it very much like I did Bioderma miscellar water, on a cotton round to initially remove most of my face and some of my eye makeup. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!!


Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

I really REALLY wish that a) Neutrogena did not test on animals and b) that this was available in the UK. This drugstore eye makeup remover performs remarkably well, removes even water-proof eye makeup with ease and doesn't leave your eye area dry. I would repurchase this in a heartbeat if only Neutrogena went cruelty-free. It's kind of crazy that in 2014 companies still test on animals? That shit ain't right.


L'Oreal 3-In-1 Purifying Micellar Solution

I purchased this after MissGlamorazzi raved about it on YouTube as a great dupe for Bioderma - it's not. So not. I found this to be super drying and uncomfortable on my skin and couldn't wait to finish it up and throw it away! I don't rate this at all.


Caudalie Pulp Vitaminée Regenerating Concentrate

I totally splurged on this serum last winter and it's lasted me almost a year so my money's definitely gone a long way. I really, really enjoyed it and will most definitely repurchase in the future. You already know how much I love Caudalie and this just makes me love the brand even more. It smells divine, sinks deep into my skin, plumps it and makes it feel amazing the next morning! It's what I would call 'skin food'.


Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturising & Brightening Cream and Vichy Aqualia Thermal

I reviewed both these products in the summer !Link! and ended up just using them both as neck/decolletage moisturisers just to use them up! As you can guess, I wouldn't advise you to get either as facial moisturisers.

- Romy

0 comments:

Post a Comment