Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mascaras I'm Currently Using - 12

I'm back to trying out mascaras I've loved in the past to see if they really stand the test of time. Here's what I think of them a couple of years down the line..



Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Very Black:

I first tried this gem in the fall of 2011 in the brown formula and absolutely loved it - I am pleased to say that it still performs amazingly the second time around (and 2 years later)! I just really, really wish Maybelline would go cruelty-free to allow me to purchase this again.


Pros: lengthens and defines, keeps lashes soft, doesn't flake, buildable volume, affordable, holds a curl all day, affordable.
Cons: it's tested on animals.





Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition in 51 Max Black:

I first used this baby a good year or so ago and remember it being my never-fail mascara. It truly wow-ed me and I knew I had to use it again. Unfortunately, this time around it just did not perform nearly as well. It was very goopy from the first use and hardly gave me any of that amazing volume that it did the first time.


Pros: affordable, doesn't flake, very black formula.
Cons: didn't really give much volume, didn't do a great job defining my lashes either, tested on animals.



- Romy





2 comments:

  1. Great post. Always found maybelline do the best budget mascaras! Steph xx

    Www.Doseofpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! They almost always flake on me but this one's the exception! xx

      Delete