Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 2013 Empties !!


More empties! It is oh so therapeutic to throw out a box of used up products when new ones are continuously inching their way into my life! Here's my two cents on these babies:



EYES



Urban Decay's mini Primer Potion

I've used this product for a good three years now (not this same little tube!) and it has hardly ever let me down. I have oily eyelids so by late afternoon, unprimed eyelids look rather moist and smudged. This little baby has saved me and a little goes a very long way! I will most definitely consider repurchasing this in the future!


Rimmel's Colour Rush Eye Shadow Quad in 002 Smokey Brun

I have had this palette for years (probably since 2010) and as such it's time to give it the boot. It mainly acted as my little emergency palette in my handbag (which I hardly ever used). The bottom two lighter shades were my favourite to add some brightness and sparkle! For a drugstore product, the pigmentation was impressive on 3 of the 4 shadows but the texture of the eyeshadows was rather gritty and not very smooth. They're not as easy to blend as higher-end eyeshadows either. Overall, this palette wasn't too memorable and I certainly won't be repurchasing it. 


MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder 

This pencil eyeliner used to be the creme de la creme of black pencil liners back when I was in high school! It was THE black liner to have! Unfortunately, I found the formula does not go well with my oily eyelids and I honestly haven't used this pencil in well over a year. It's just been chilling with my other pencil liners, taking up space. I found the formula smudges on my lower lash line as well, so about 4-5 hours after application I'd find a black tracing under my eyes - real attractive! One memorable thing this pencil did was act as an eyelid base for a dark eyeshadow look. In fact that was my favourite way to use it. I really won't miss this pencil liner, especially when the drugstore has such amazing substitutes for a lot less money.



Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' Express

I was sucked in guys, I was sucked in!! I knew Maybelline mascaras flaked on me like no tomorrow, but everyone else was raving about it so I thought 'this one might be different!'. It wasn't. I got so little use out of this mascara and will stay away from Maybelline for a good while yet after this (even though I have yet to try the regular yellow tube Colossal that everyone raves about as well - when will this end?)!

You can read a more in depth review of this mascara from me HERE!


Ardell Demi Wispies False Lashes

If you read my previous blogpost !LINK! then you will know how much I love these babies! In that post, you would have found out that the pair I took away with me was actually comprised of 1 strip each from a different pair! Voila, here are the two strips of lashes that I messed up either by application (I was still learning) or by drunkenness (sleeping with them on). These lashes are truly worth the money, I believe they come in at just under £6 and last for multiple uses, MULTIPLE uses people! I do give them a little clean in between each use though. I very gently peel off the remaining Duo glue residue and give them a quick sweep on a makeup removing wipe. I will keep repurchasing these babies until further notice.



LIPS


INIKA Lip Whip

I received this in a Glossybox last year and loved that it was from an organic and cruelty free brand. The writing has completely worn off on the front as it was in my every day makeup bag for months! Unfortunately, I found the formula to just sit on my lips, sort of like a thick mask, and looked quite gross. The colour was surprisingly creamy for a 'coral' gloss which you would think would be on the warmer side. I really didn't enjoy using this product, anything I ate or drank while having it on tasted of the Lip Whip. It's safe to say I will be staying away from INIKA's Lip Whip in the future.


YSL's Rouge Pur Lipstick in 120

It breaks my heart to be getting rid of this beauty but it started to smell funny (and I've had it for a good 5 years) so it's definitely time to part ways. The pigmentation is stellar, the application smooth as butter, and I didn't have much of a problem with the colour bleeding so long as I used a lipliner. I will miss this luxurious, silky beaut! As soon as my bank account can sustain it, I want to be adding a YSL Rouge Pur back into my collection!



HAIR


Kiehl's Sunflower Colour Preserving Shampoo

I purchased this bottle back in December 2011 and have been using it very sparingly as I loved the shampoo so much! I finally plucked up the courage to repurchase it and cannot find it anywhere! It's a sulfate-free, silicone-free and paraben-free colour safe shampoo that smells sublime! What's not to love? I will definitely be repurchasing this when I find it next!


Paul Mitchell's Smoothing Super Skinny Relaxing Balm

I received this generous sample in a Glossybox and had such high expectations for it! I found no difference when blow drying my hair with or without it *sad face*. I expected it to make blowing my hair straight much easier and for it to give me super shiny and sleek results! Alas, that was not the case. Ah well, on to the next one.




FACE


Boots Baby Large Cotton Wool Pads

These cotton pads did the job, they were under £2 from Boots and I have nothing bad to say about them. Bog standard! 


Neutrogena Multi-Defense Gentle Purifying Wipes

I picked these up after so many YouTube beauty girls recommended Neutrogena face wipes because of their exfoliating and deep cleansing reputation. These wipes were really nothing special for me. They weren't bad, but they stung when I took off my eye makeup so I definitely won't be repurchasing them.


MAC Brush Cleanser

This is a staple in my kit. I have gotten so much better at regularly deep cleaning my brushes, but sometimes you're in a pinch and just need to quickly clean one or two. I love this cleanser, it's affordable, lasts for months and months and I can Back To MAC it, what's not to love? 



BODY


Piz Buin In Sun Spray SPF 30

This sun block is the only one I use. You can read my review of it HERE.


Sanctuary Body Moisture Spray

I usually purchase this from Boots at an airport for holiday usage. It does the job and is very moisturising thanks to the Vitamin E and almond oil in it. It smells very much of the Spa Sanctuary products though, so if you dislike that scent then you won't enjoy this body oil at all.


MAC To The Beach Body Oil in Seaside

I purchased this gorgeous glimmering body oil last year from MAC's summer collection, To The Beach. As you can see, it's still half full. Serves me right for purchasing a product for bare skin in England. Last year was particularly grim weather wise as well so I really didn't get much of a chance to use this. It had a funny smell to it from the start (when I purchased it back in May 2012) and it's in my empties because when I picked it up and tried a little on a couple of weeks ago, it REEKED. This body oil is beyond expired. I wouldn't consider shelling out for this product if you live in England, or an equally overcast/chilly climate.


Taylor Swift Wonderstruck 

I asked for this fragrance for my birthday last year because Fleur De Force raved bout it so much that I thought I had to try it. As soon as I spritzed the first spray of this I didn't like it. It just smelled cheap, like old fruits and flowers mashed together with no significant scent in mind. It wasn't fresh, it wasn't pretty and it wasn't sweet. I don't recommend it at all. Nonetheless, waste not want not, I sprayed and sprayed until I'm pretty much out of this - thank goodness! Stay away from this perfume, it's really not worth your money.



L'Occitane Hand Cream - Magical Leaves scent

This hand cream was part of a L'Occitane hand cream set that I got for my birthday. I LOVE L'Occitane's Shea Butter line (hand cream included) and was really excited to try new varieties of their hand cream. I didn't like this as much as the Shea Butter because it was lighter and didn't feel nearly as moisturising either. It did smell fresh, I'll give it that. I don't think I would purchase this in future.


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat

This was my staple for about a year or so and it kept my nails chip-free for 2-3 days maximum. Since then, I have a new Holy Grail top coat so it's safe to say that I won't be repurchasing this any more. 


Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment