Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weekend Away Makeup Essentials


I was in the lovely city of Canterbury this weekend and wouldn't have made it through beauty-wise without these staples!


My night out look on Saturday heavily relied on a smokey eye thanks to the Naked palette and my trusty Ardell Demi-Wispies (the only ones I get), along with a gorgeous warm highlighted cheek. Scroll to the bottom for a few piccies from the trip!


Urban Decay Naked Palette



This is actually the second Naked palette I've owned, I foolishly left my pretty much brand-new one abroad and had to repurchase! As such I didn't want to shell out for another one full price, so I found a brand new one for under £10 on eBay that had a tiny fault from the factory. When I opened it up, I discovered that the fault was that half of the shade Smog was missing! The eyeshadow pans also fit awkwardly in the palette. This didn't affect the pigmentation, quality or staying power of the shades so it's all good by me :)


I used Sidecar all over my lid, Hustle in the crease, a mixture of Virgin, Sin and Half Baked as my inner corner and browbone highlight, and a 2:1 ratio of Naked and Buck (respectively) to blend it all seamlessly. I HIGHLY rate this palette.



Ardell Demi Wispies 



My trusty, trusty false lashes! To prove how amazing and phenomenal they are, the two lashes you see in the box are actually from two different pairs! Funnily enough, I fucked up the right lash in one pair and the left lash in another so I grouped the remaining lashes together and am using them for the 4th or 5th time now! They are less than £6 at most drugstores, go on like a DREAM and last for multiple uses, what more can a girl ask for? Their band is also really thin so you don't have to commit to heavy eyeliner when you wear them. They go on so smoothly that it's almost as if they make their own way to your lash line. HOLY GRAIL LASHES.




MAC Redhead Mineralize Skin Finish (Limited Edition)




I picked this up from MAC's Naturally collection back in January 2012 and it was a re-promote then as well. I was almost going to get Blonde as MissGlamorazzi had that and it looked really nice on her! However when I swatched Blonde, I knew it would be way too frosty for my olive complexion, so I stuck with Redhead and I'm SO glad I did! They didn't re-promote Brunette for some reason..


This shade is absolutely gorgeous, I love that there's a gradient and you can easily stay on the light side for a highlight or swirl it all over for a rich cheek colour! This MSF is such a summer staple for me.

***

My Bible - coach ride entertainment!



Lost my poached egg virginity - omnomnomnomnom. That Coffee Frappe was DELICIOUS. It was done the European way, blended yet still with ice, rich, creamy and strong - I LOVE CANTERBURY!!!



My weekend accessories staples - Urban Outfitters chain clutch and Aldo's cat eye sunglasses <3



There's a Starbucks RIGHT next to the Cathedral's gates - why wouldn't there be?



The Moat Tea Rooms - we had scrumptious cream tea!! 



Check out the gorgeous cakes The Moat Tea Rooms had in their window!



Cheeky Boots purchase! I had a Double Points voucher and these Limited Edition duo fibre Real Techniques brushes were on my wishlist ever since they came out! And yes, they are just as soft as everyone says they are!



The rest of the makeup and beauty products I took with me:



My mismatched cheeky Topshop socks that day - I stepped in a puddle so I had to switch the left one :( I really really wish Topshop still made those watermelon socks - I ADORE THEM!


Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment