Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What's On My Nails?


I was fed up with having brittle, peeling nails so I marched over to Boots and dished out the almost £19 for the OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener for Sensitive & Peeling Nails. 


So far I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now and my most weakened nails, my index and middle fingernails, seem to be significantly stronger and have actually stopped peeling! Hallelujah!



I cannot wait to see how much longer and stronger my nails will get! I definitely envy (see what I did there?) girls with naturally long fingernails that look so elegant and graceful! Hopefully that will be in a few more weeks!


In terms of nail colour. If you have an olive skin tone like me, you may have already discovered that Essie's Lolipop is actually a very flattering shade on you. I bought this nail polish quite a while ago, years before they introduced their drugstore range to Boots and Superdrug. Those older formulations were rubbish on me (the ones with the small narrow brushes!) and as flattering as this shade is, I sadly had to stay away from it because it chipped pretty much STRAIGHT AWAY. The formulation is dreadful.

Fortunately for me, I was in Superdrug a couple of weeks ago and I had to make the obligatory walk around the nail polish section (as you do) when I spotted this gem! It's Essie's Snap Happy and the PERFECT dupe for Lolipop! I'm so so pleased with it, especially as it's in the drugstore formulation with the wider brush! 



I've just painted my nails today and am in a rather frazzled mood, which is why I opted for Essie's Snap Happy on my left hand and Penny Talk on my right (the above picture is one coat of Snap Happy without a top coat). Penny Talk is also worth a notable mention as I saw it in a magazine possibly a year ago and fell in lurrrrve. I scoured drugstore aisles and websites for this gem but alas, to no avail. A few Glossyboxes ago however, this little baby was nestled in their tissue paper waiting for me in my box!!! If I haven't said it yet (I'm sure I have on my Twitter...) then I'll say it again, thank you Glossybox, thank you!


It's a gorgeous copper shade that's flattering on all skin tones. It's both light, elegant and rough at the same time, what's not to love? 

Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment