Monday, September 24, 2012

September Empties


It's empties time again, here's what I have for you this month:






Secret Scent Expressions Invisible Solid deodorant in Va Va Vanilla

I absolutely adore this deodorant and so wish I had a back up! It's only available State-side for the most part which is very unfortunate. This deodorant is the only one I've ever used that truly does the job, smells great pretty much all day and doesn't stain! What more do you want?? GREAT product.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Anti-Aging Hand Cream SPF 25

If you've been reading my blog for a while you will know this is a staple for me. Prevention is key people.



Bourjois Healthymix Foundation in 52

I'm sad to have to throw this foundation away when there's a little bit left but it's a liquid product and I've had it for a year and a half now :/ Cream/liquid foundations are only meant to last one year before bacteria starts building up and seeing as how this is a more affordable foundation, I'm not going to risk it. 

It has medium buildable coverage, smells amazing and lasts a good 6-8 hours on my skin with a primer.

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream in 02 Light

I talk about this BB cream in an earlier blogpost and you can click HERE for a link to check it out. In a nutshell, it's way too greasy and uncomfortable for my normal/combination skin.


TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder

If you have an oily T-zone and are looking for something that will keep shine at bay, look no further! This is SO worth it and does its job incredibly. I went through this baby in five and a half months until it fell apart. You can read a lengthy review HERE from when I first started using it (and it's looking all plush and new! *sniffle*).

I honestly cannot say enough good things about this product! 






Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara in 003 Extreme Black

You can check out the review I posted on this mascara HERE. In a nutshell, it's fabulous for a natural daytime look that won't flake and will actually thicken your lashes and reduce the amount pulled out when you remove your eye makeup.


Bourjois Liner Feutre in 11 Noir

This is Bourjois' felt-tip liner pen which is actually harder than I thought to apply. I've had this in my collection for two years when it's only meant to be used for six months :O I remember the last time I tried using it was about a year ago and my eye stung and started watering so I just never used it again. I have NO idea why I didn't throw it out then and there but hey, I guess that's proof that I'm a hoarder! 


This is the only felt-tip liner I have ever tried and from what I remember it felt too much like a proper marker pen on my lids which made me feel uneasy. If felt-tip liners are your thing this is a great affordable option!

Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in 615 Slate

I've had this product for two years now and it's a creamy eyeshadow pencil so I figured it's time to say goodbye for hygiene reasons. I didn't use this much at all, probably because it's not a daytime colour at all! I liked it as a primer under dark sparkly eyeshadow when I went out, but that's pretty much it. Looking at the ingredients I can see that propylparaben is the last ingredient so it's safe to say I won't be repurchasing this.





Ayuuri Natural Coconut Body Wash

This amazing body wash came in the organic Glossybox back in April which you can check out HERE. I truly enjoyed using this shower cream and will definitely try to repurchase it and find out what else Ayuuri have to offer! Organic body products? I'm there!!!! It's also made in the UK so yay for a smaller carbon footprint!

The coconut smell wasn't too much nor overwhelming at all and you truly feel like it is actually cleansing your skin. I highly recommend this.


Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo 97.20% natural

I bought this when I was searching for a sulfate-free shampoo in Boots a year ago. It's definitely more of a clarifying shampoo that feels like it's stripping you hair, but since it's sulfate-free it's actually not. I didn't like just how dry, albeit clean, it left my hair so I doubt I'll repurchase this. 

Sally Hansen Regular Polish Remover

I hadn't used a drugstore nail polish remover for a while when I purchased this back in early springtime so I went with a trusted make: Sally Hansen. Apparently it's enriched with provitamin B5 and has Vitamin E and apricot extract as well. 

This is an affordable nail polish remover that does the job. It hardly ever left my nails super dry/brittle so I may very well repurchase this in future. I might see what else is out there first!

Burt's Bees Extra Energizing CItrus & Ginger Root Body Wash 99.6% natural

Again, I bought this in Boots when I was looking for sulfate-free natural products a year ago and it did the job. It was hardly moisturising at all and since then I've found the Ayyuri body wash mentioned above and the Mandara Spa body wash in my first ever empties post (LINK!) which I love SO SO SO much more.

Nivea Sun Pure & Sensitive Sun Spray + Aloe Vera SPF 50

This sunblock was my sunblock of summer!!!! It definitely saw me through the season and did a great job. It's water resistant and provides broad-spectrum protection. I found this a tad too greasy for my liking so I might stick to my Piz Buin sun block next summer!



Bharti Vyas BVM Face and Neck Polisher

This sample came in the April She Said Beauty Box which you can check out HERE, and I must say this scrub wasn't too bad. It smelled very sweet and milky. It polished well yet kept my skin super hydrated which I really liked. In future I'd love to see what else the brand has to offer. 

No.7 Stay Perfect Top Coat

This is another product you would've seen in my empties posts as it has been a staple, yet no more. Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri top coat has proved itself 100x better than this and is cheaper without the No.7 vouchers! 

Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp mascara in Noir


Save the best for last right? This mascara is truly sensational. I received it in the June or May Glossybox this year and wowee is it amazing!!! I stocked up on another because I just couldn't leave it at that little sample! You can check out the review I recently posted HERE.


Xx

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Balm's sexy mama face powder! it has been a staple in my make up bag for a couple of years! You need to check out their Plump Up your Pucker Lip gloss :)

    ReplyDelete