Sunday, October 27, 2013

Empties I Would Repurchase




Trilogy Aromatic Body Oil
£14-£20 depending on where you shop

This body oil felt so rich and smelled heavenly! It kept my skin very supple and well moisturised. You definitely need to use this sparingly or else you would end up very greasy. 


Nuxe Huile Podigieuse
£21 for 50ml

I received this sample bottle in a Glossybox a few months ago and took it with me on holiday to add that bronzy, shimmery sheen to my skin for evenings out - let me tell you, this worked a treat. It really livened up my legs, arms and shoulders giving me a healthy glow. This tiny 10ml bottle lasted me a whole week, even with my generous applications. It will definitely be on my list for next summer's essentials.


Aveeno Moisturising Creamy Oil 
£7

This body cream is a STAPLE for me. It is my go-to daily moisturiser for three reasons:
1- the sweet almond scent is to die for (I was told I smelled of cake when I had this on)
2- the creamy oil formula is actually non-greasy and super moisturising
3- it's super affordable





John Frieda Straight Fixation Light Weight Creme
£5

It took me a while to discover how to best use this product as I hated it at first. What I do now is when my thick, curly hair is still wet, I apply a walnut sized blob mixed in with 3-4 pumps of a frizz ease serum throughout my hair, then blow-dry. I really rely on this product now to help me prevent bad hair days and am already using a new tube.



Charles Worthington Pro-Heat Repair MIlk
£10.99

I picked this up from Boots back in the spring when they had it on an introductory offer - I must've paid between £5 and £7 for it. I'm so glad I tried it out because this product was the only one I took on holiday to use on wet hair for styling - and thank God, it didn't fail me!
It's creamy, detangling, lightweight, gives heat-activated repair and leaves my hair silky. I've already bought a new bottle. I need about 7 pumps to coat my long, thick hair evenly.




Clarins Instant Eye-Makeup Remover
£17

This is the second bottle I've gone through and you can read my August Face Empties post where I first talked about it HERE. I've repurchased it because quite frankly, the eye area is very delicate so you want to use good quality ingredients on it. Also, I tried a cheaper alternative which just did not do the job properly and had me tugging at my eyes to get all my mascara and eyeliner off - no bueno. If UK drugstores decide to stock the Neutrogena eye makeup remover then I would definitely use that instead, it is a fabulous drugstore dupe for this product!


La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ UVA/UVB
£15-£20 depending on where you shop

I started using this in July and it has given me almost four months of solid use, keeping in mind that I use SPF daily quite generously on my face. I liked that it was very lightweight and didn't have a lingering scent. My number one is still the MAC SPF 50 Prep + Prime though, it really is a tough one to beat. It blends out better and feels nicer on the skin. This product has a runny consistency so you have to be careful when you apply it. You also have to shake it well before use. My biggest qualm with it was that I could not just wear it alone on my face as it was very streaky and left an obvious white cast. I'd repurchase it because it's cheaper than the MAC SPF 50, it's from a reputable skincare company and I was overall happy with it under my makeup every day.


Caudalie Cleansing Water
£15 for the 200ml bottle from Space NK

I bought this small 100ml bottle to try out back in the spring and I absolutely love it. I've been using it very sparingly to make it really stretch until I could use up my other cleansing waters before repurchasing, I just didn't want to be without it. Caudalie is my number one skincare brand as I have never used something from them that I did not like. Again, you want to be using well-made products with the most natural ingredients on your face (and skin in general) so it's worth it for me to pay more. This cleansing water removes almost all my makeup on one large cotton pad very effectively. It has a gorgeous scent and leaves my skin supple and refreshed. I've already started using my new 200ml bottle.


Maybelline Babylips in 'Grape'
$3.99

I always buy this from the States as I'm not sure this particular one is available in the UK. I absolutely love this lip balm. It's affordable, very moisturising, and gives a lovely subtle plum tint to my lips - what's not to love? 

Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream
£9.50

I have been using this eye cream for about a year and a half now and already repurchased (and am using) my second tube. It's lightweight, very moisturising, affordable and from a reputable skin care company. You might notice a French skincare theme in my collection and it really is true, the French are second to none when it comes to their skincare products. I absolutely love this as a daily eye cream for my early-20s skin.




Make Up Forever HD High Definition Powder
$34 for 8.5g from Sephora.com

I picked up this 10g jar from a Sephora a good 3-4 years ago on a whim. The sales associate talked me into it saying that a little goes a long way and that it would give my skin a great finish. I didn't know how to use it at first so it unfortunately stayed untouched in my drawer for almost 2 years - I know, how could I, right? 
Thankfully I reached for this to give it another go about a year and a half ago and used a light hand to pick up product, tap it in the inside of the cap to disperse the powder and give me an even coating on a big fluffy brush, then I'd pat it onto my finished, made-up face. It can give a slight white cast but that fades fairly quickly. It really brings the look together and blends the makeup that I have on already very well. Since this product is really old, I'm throwing it out before I've finished the jar (it's still half full), but I was sure to pick up a mini one from Sephora last month for $16. I'm sure the mini one will last me well over a year, probably two.


Make Up Forever HD Foundation in #118
$42

I bought this foundation two years ago and while it's not actually empty, I'm getting rid of it because you are only really supposed to keep liquid products for one year, and I've kept it for double that. It smells a little weird now too so as much as I've enjoyed it, it's time to say goodbye. 
This foundation is very flattering, it gave me a healthy glow and had very good coverage, I could always count on it. I have a couple of other foundations at the moment and would want to try something new before repurchasing this. I highly recommend it.


MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash 
£14

This mascara is BOMB. The best non-drugstore mascara I have ever used and I miss it very, very much. I have a few other mascaras to go through before I can repurchase this baby but oh my God, it is tied with L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic as the best mascara I have ever used, ever. Here are two posts talking about it more inn depth: LINK and LINK.


Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
£19 for the full size tube

Having oily/combination skin means that unless I want my eyelids to be in crease-ville 2 hours after I've apply my makeup, I really need to use a primer. I was using the Urban Decay eyeshadow base religiously for a few years until I discovered that it had parabens in it so that was the end of that. Thankfully I had this mini sample which came with Nars' When God Created The Woman palette and I immediately repurchased it when it ran out. It's paraben free and does a great job so I'm a happy customer.



- Romy

0 comments:

Post a Comment