Monday, October 28, 2013

Empties I Would NOT Repurchase



This post compliments my previous "Empties I Would Repurchase" blogpost (linked HERE).

Not all of these products failed me, some of them worked just fine but didn't wow me enough to outshine others I had tried before.



Labello Fruity Shine in "Cherry"
£5.90 eBay

This lip balm is really more like a lipgloss in that it provides plenty of shine, a flattering red tint and no long-term moisture whatsoever. I was using this consistently over the past few weeks on my dry, wind-beaten lips and was wondering why the hell my lips were flaking so much! I do not recommend this.


Caudalie Lip Conditioner
£4-5 depending on where you shop

I really enjoyed this lip balm (as I do everything from Caudalie). It was very rich and moisturising and had a gorgeous clean and elegant scent. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase, at least not any time soon, is because of the price tag. My Maybelline Babylips works just fine and is a couple of pounds cheaper (which in this case makes it half the price).


MAC Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Eye Cream
£24.50

This eye cream gave me milia on the skin around my eyes. It didn't feel or smell nice and luxurious. It felt rather gloopy and smelled of - [goes to give it one last sniff] - paint and chemicals. I really tried to use it up to get my money's worth but I am Back To MAC-ing it with 1/3 still left inside. I really did not like this.


Clearasil Daily Clear Vitamins & Extracts Cleansing Wipes
£3.50

I grabbed these from Boots as I was out of makeup removing wipes and decided to try them out. In a nutshell, they did not remove my makeup well, they really stung my eyes and they smell very chemical-y. I did not enjoy these either.




Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! 4-in-1 mascara
$19

I purchased this mascara last month from Sephora and you can read my review of it HERE. It gave me about 4-5 weeks of wear before it stopped doing what it was doing to my lashes and just sort of sat on them, not really defining or volumzing much. I enjoyed it once the tube had been open for a few days and I really liked that it was made from a brand that keeps its products as natural as possible. It was formulated without: parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic fragrances. Tarte is also a cruelty free brand.

Having said that, it just did not perform as well as my all-time top 2 mascaras so I will not be repurchasing it. I know that Tarte do another mascara called Lights, Camera, Flashes which I would definitely be interested in trying to see how it compares.


CoverGirl Nature Luxe mascara
Discontinued

This mascara unfortunately failed to wow me, it was honestly a 'nothing' mascara. I got a good few uses when the tube was fresh but after a week or two, it just stopped working. Perhaps that's why it's now discontinued? You can read my first impression of it HERE.


Topshop "Rumour Has It" lipstick
£8 

This is a brown based shade with hints of plum and silver through it. I've had it for almost a year and a half now but I just cannot stand the smell or texture any longer. This tube has really dried up and smells (and tastes) quite chemical-y, no thank you. Lipstick is supposed to last 3 years so I'm very unimpressed with how quickly this tube has gone off. Even though I enjoyed the unique shade, I will be staying away from Topshop lipsticks in future.


Bobbi Brown "Tea Rose" lipstick
£19

This lipstick was given to me by my best friend after she decided that it didn't suit her skin tone.This was the first Bobbi Brown item I had ever owned and was very impressed with the high-quality of the texture and pigmentation. It really is a high-end product worth every penny. It was also on the moisturising side and had very good staying power. I accidentally dropped it last year and the cap smashed into 3 pieces which I frantically taped back together - it didn't work. Since then the tube has stayed in my drawer as I was unable to bring it out with me for touchups. I won't repurchase this shade simply because I have similar ones in my collection - I would try out Bobbi Brown's "Salmon" lipstick instead!





Eco-Boutique Body Lotion
Glossybox sample - unable to find a seller online at the time of writing.

I took this away on holiday with me and it gave me a good week and a half of use. I love that it is also formulated without a long list of nasties (printed on the back). The smell was alright and the texture was light and moisturising. I don't have complaints about this body lotion, I just like my Aveeno Creamy Oil a lot better - mostly due to Aveeno's yummy sweet almond scent..



Caudalie Divine Oil
£27 for 100ml 

I received this 15ml sample in a Glossybox and it also came on holiday with me. It has a very strong scent but I actually really liked it, especially the undertones. It smells clean and fresh but also musky. I enjoyed using it as a hair, face and body oil. The only reason I would not purchase this is the hefty price tag. 





Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Intense Rescue Melting Balm
£16.99

I purchased this back in the spring when Boots had an introductory offer for it - I don't remember it costing me any more than £12. I was not taking very good care of my ombre hair during that time so I decided to invest in this rescue balm which I'd heard a couple of beauty bloggers rave about. Not to quote Shania Twain, but this did not impress me much (oh oh ohh-oh!). It smelled too perfume-y and fragranced for my liking and after having it for a few months, little grains or bead formed inside - gross! I still used every last bit of it, I finished it off last night in fact. 

You're meant to apply it to dry, dirty hair at least 20 minutes before you shower. I usually had it on for 1-2 hours whenever I used it. This product is really not worth its price tag and did not make much difference to my thick, coarse, bleached ends. I do not recommend this.


- Romy





0 comments:

Post a Comment