Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Winter '12/'13 Makeup Empties !!


Here's a glimpse of all the makeup products I've gone through since winter started (a heck of a lot)! Keep reading to find out what I have to say about these babies...




Benefit Hoola Bronzer

If you have not heard of this bronzer, you are seriously living under a rock. I was introduced to it about 10 years ago actually, but did not bother purchasing it until 2012. I found a seller on eBay who offered it to me for around £8 which was a pretty sweet bargain. I did not want to pay an extortionate amount for something I hadn't tried yet! As you can see, I majorly hit pan until I realized that [DUN DUN DUNNNNNN] it has parabens!!! How could I miss that?? *sigh* I don't know, but by the time I realised, I had pretty much finished it. I really enjoyed it while I was using it, but regardless of the parabens I was definitely bored of it towards the end.


Bottom line: Gorgeous bronzer for light to medium skin tones. It's not orangey at all and gives a very natural tanned look. It's very pricey but the shade is hard to dupe in my opinion.



Nars Multiple in St. Barts

I bought this back in September 2010, and seeing as how it is a cream product, I really should have thrown it away LONG ago. As you can imagine it did not come cheap so that is why I've held on to it until now. This is a gorgeous slightly-metallic deep bronze shade which I loved to use on my crease as well as on my temples and as a contour. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat for summer if not for the crazy price tag. I LOVED this.

As cheesy as it sounds, because it is a luxury product and St. Barts is a luxury destination, I definitely mentally transported myself there as I was blending it into my skin - good job Nars marketing/product-naming team! You have given your customer the illusion of a more luxurious life. 

Bottom line: Great if you're looking for a creamy deep, slightly metallic brown with hardly any orange undertones. Gorgeous.



MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15

I blogged about this baby in summer 2012 !Link! and I really really like it. I was sad to see it go but I know I will repurchase it in future, once I've given other tinted moisturisers a go. This medium coverage tinted moisturiser was absolutely amazing at keeping my oily T-zone under control - even under summer festival conditions! It has very good staying power considering it is a tinted moisturiser. When I put it on at 7am, it is still at least half there by 7pm with no touch ups.

Bottom line: This is a fantastic option if you have oily skin and are looking for a tinted moisturiser!! Two enthusiastic thumbs up!



Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Mascara in 01 Noir

I have known Yves Rocher for years as my mother swore by their skincare products. I did not try any of their makeup until this summer when I received a sample of this mascara in a Glossybox !Link!

Sexy Pulp has definitely made it into my All Time Favourites for SURE! It definitely ticks all the boxes for me.

Bottom line: Gives gorgeous volume, never clumps, never flakes, leaves lashes soft to the touch. WHAT MORE DOES ONE WANT?? I love LOVE love it.



Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara

!Link! to my review of this mascara.


Rimmel Glam'Eyes Lash Flirt Mascara in Kohl Black

!Link! to my review of this mascara



MAC Nail Laquer in Little Girl Type

This polish was limited edition in MAC's Too Cute Collection which came out in 2011. I was instantly attracted to this shade and it truly pains me that I have to throw the bottle away. It has sentimental value for me as I wore it a lot while I was going through difficult times that summer. Anyways, I'm here to tell you if it was worth the money and not some sob story! 


This is a beautiful muted pastel lavender colour. A good dupe for it is Model's Own Utopia actually. The only difference is that Little Girl Type is brighter. There's still a little bit left in there but it got gloopy months ago and I could only work up the courage to stop using it now :'( *sniffle*.

Bottom line: If MAC bring this shade out again, snatch it up if you're after a creamy pastel lavender. I loved this!


Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Top Coat

This is a staple for me - by far the best top coat I have ever tried. While it does not guarantee me "chip-free" nails, they definitely chip a lot less when I have this on. Did I mention it dries super fast too? Bril!

Bottom line: If you're looking for an affordable top coat that will majorly reduce chipping and dry super fast, look no further my friends.


Trind Nail Repair Base Coat

I had tried Trind products before receiving this in a Carmine box back in 2011 (RIP Carmine!), but this one lasted a VERY long time for me! Excellent quality Trind, I'm well impressed. I was surprised to hear that #bbloggers don't use base coats that often (WHAT???) as I swear by them. They safeguard my nails from getting stained by the colour I apply on top, and they smooth out the nail for a better application. GET ON IT PEOPLE! I cannot apply nail polish without a top coat!

Bottom line: if you're looking to make your buck go far for you, I highly recommend investing in this base coat as it lasted me at least 12 months having used it about 3-8 times a month.



Revlon Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait

I LIVED in this lip colour back in summer 2012, it's the most perfect YLBB (your lips but better) shade that is a balm/lipstick hybrid. Ie. I slick it on walking to work, at my desk, and anywhere else without even looking for a mirror. It's such a gorgeous peachy pinky nude with a subtle sparkle. Might have to repurchase this for summer 2013...

Bottom line: Go for this if you are after a moisturising peachy pinky nude tint that you can apply on the go!


Benefit Posie Tint

Posie Tint is a Barbie pink liquid tint that you tap onto your cheeks or lips until it is blended through. Incase you haven't used one of Benefit's bottled tints before, it applies with a nail-polish type brush which I don't like that much. It's unhygienic to me to have to dip it back into the bottle once it's touched my skin/bacteria. Meh.

I definitely would NOT repurchase any of the Benefit bottled shades anymore because unless you are a makeup artist or totally obsessed with the product, you're never going to finish the dang thing! There is loads left in the bottle that you see below but I'd already had it for almost 2 years and cream/liquid products are meant to expire in ONE year. I could tell the smell was a bit off :/ Definitely not worth the money.

Bottom line: Unless you know that you will get your money's worth from these huge bottles, stick to the tiny samples you get in the Benefit travel kits. Posie Tint is a bright Barbie pink lip and cheek stain that does it's job well.



Mischa Barton Luscious Lips in Pink Pop

I received this lip balm in a She Said Beauty box ages ago and really really tried to like it but didn't. I dislike lip balms where you have to dip your finger in a pot (again, unhygienic) and it tasted a bit bubble-gum plastic-y to me :/ No likey. In terms of moisturisation, I can't remember that it did anything miraculous for my lips. Very average and really not memorable. 

Bottom line: Don't waste your time.


If you have a keen eye for detail, you would have noticed that there was one item which I did not talk about in detail... the Collection 2000 (or shall I say Collection) clear mascara which is in the first photo but not talked about in depth (one of the reasons being it looks really gross and manky as any used brow gel would - yuck). If you have been reading this blog long enough you would know that I go through one of these every 8 weeks or so, standard. If you're after a brow gel that costs £1.99 and does a decent job, I highly recommend it. I refuse to pay any more than that for a brow gel quite frankly. 

Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment